Webmail Log In
Rural Economic & Agriculture Development Agency (READA) is a non-profit NGO working on agriculture, health, nutrition, gender, WASH, livelihood and provides capacity building to community people and commune councils. READA Cambodia works with the poorest community people in remote area since 2005. READA Cambodia with its donor, ADDA, is now urgently seeking qualified Cambodian nationals to fill in the vacant positions of Business Development Advisor (1 position) for the Empowering of Agriculture Cooperative and Civil Society in Oddar Meanchey project (ACSO) funded by ADDA based in Oddar Meanchey province(ODM).
Pisition : Business Development Advisor
Location : Oddar Meanchey province
Schedule : Full-time
Period : One year contract with possibility of extension based on well performance
Business Development Advisor will work with all Agriculture Cooperatives (AC), Cambodia Agriculture Cooperative (CACU) and Self Help Groups (SHG) in Oddar Meanchey province managed by ADDA/READA and its partners and be responsible to ensure an efficient implementation of the ACSO project and a smooth cooperation between partners. The Business Development Advisor is playing a main role for a successful project implementation and impact. She/he must have in-depth knowledge on at least two of specialities of the project agricultural cooperatives, farmers associations, women self-help group development, business development, marketing and gender and advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a smooth collaboration between involved counterparts and other involved organizations, hereunder contact with international networks on Business Development, Civil Society Development, and as well as social networks.
- Create initiative idea and business mind set to AC/CACU
- Identify market need and potential products in order to coordinate AC/CACU in developing business.
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of the project activities in OMC.
- Develop technical recommendations and assistance to the Project Coordinator
- Development of curricula and training material based on the results of field studies
- Develop monitoring and evaluation guideline for ACs/CACU on business development.
- Perform overall project supervision in accordance with the Steering Committee decisions
- Technical assistance, support and guidance to counterpart staff of implementing NGOs
- Monitoring and evaluate of project activities regarding self-help group and business developments in the targeted districts, communes and villages.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports of project activities and report to the Project Coordinator.
- Participate in management committee meetings.
- Identify business opportunities for SHG/AC/CACU
- Provide focus training support for small/medium enterprises
- Establish linkages between microfinance institutions (MFIs) and the project’s women farmer credit groups.
- Lead a team using PRA to identify candidate enterprises
- Produce business plans for selected enterprises
- Provide technical trainings to district facilitators, community professionals, AC committee, local partners, local authorities as well as SHGs in small business development.
- Analyze economic feasibility analysis of small businesses
- Assist in development of training materials on PVDP and CDP and train stakeholders on AC/PACU.
- Prepare and conduct training and monitoring activities for the district project staff.
- Contribute to development of the technical documents as necessary.
- Prepare monthly progress, quarterly and annual reports and submit to Supervisors or advisors
- Networking with other NGOs and resource persons, government institutions working for agriculture project and related sectors
- Perform other duties assigned by Project Coordinators/management as needed.
- University degree in Business Administration, Economic Analysis, Rural Economic Development and Marking, Finance and Banking, Accounting, or related fields.
- Knowledgeable in trading law, banking laws, investment in and out outside country, how to attract investors, ACs/CACU and regulation.
- Working experiences in this field with NGOs, AC/CACU at least 2 years.
- Comprehensive both Khmer and English.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-Point, Quick-book, Internet and E-mail.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical behavior and trust worthiness.
- Ability to work under pressure and highly self-motivated.
Interest candidate, please submit CV and Cover Letter through email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 21, 2019 or contact through HP: 012 88 37 01 for more information.