Rural Economic & Agriculture Development Agency (READA) is a non-profit NGO working on agriculture, health, nutrition, gender, and small irrigation system and provides capacity building to community people and commune councils. READA Cambodia works with the poorest community people in remote area since 2005. READA Cambodia with its donor, ADDA, is now urgently seeking qualified Cambodian nationals to fill in the vacant positions of Junior Advocacy Advisor (1 position) for the Empowering of Civil Societies in Oddar Meanchey project (CISOM 2) funded by ADDA based in Siem Reap province during the first 6 months and will be based in Oddar Meanchey province afterwards.
The Junior Advocacy Advisor provides rich support for NGO staff to integrate legal rights, rights of women and children, gender issues, land rights and advocacy into projects and programs, and help to build strong links between local level advocacy and advocacy at national level. It is intended that advocacy objectives of donors, READA-ADDA and partners are empowering poor citizens on issues and methodology related to efficient advocacy at local level e.g. efficient involvement of poor people in the CIP process, and key operators along the agricultural value chain. It is expected that the JAA is able to significantly build capacity of staff, poor people and have strong competences on legal rights, advocacy, project design and execution, monitoring as well as evaluation.
- Provide training and build capacity of staff and beneficiaries on human rights, legal rights including land rights
- Provide capacity building and coaching of partners, project staff, and final beneficiaries on advocacy especially at local level
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies of donors and READA-ADDA, with the goal of increasing local and international awareness of human and legal rights in Cambodia
- Provide assistance to staff in drafting donor reports and funding proposals
- Provide advice and guidance on working with local level governance structures
- Provide technical support for the integration of advocacy strategies into project design and monitoring; evaluation and documentation lessons learned and best practice
- Coordinate projects/program across operation to ensure quality advocacy
- Ensure that local level advocacy results feed into national level influence through evidence, participation in civil society networks and representing projects and programs at external forums
- Develop relevant guidelines and training materials
- Assist and accompany local NGO Partners on advocacy case investigation/intervention, monitoring and efficient follow-up – case by case
- Assist local NGO Partners in collecting relevant evidences and documents
- Assist local NGO Partners in interviewing clients, fact finding and developing case studies
- Follow up government agendas for advocacy and lobbying purposes
- Attend and working in cooperation with NGO networks
- Proper filing of cases and keep track of case progresses
- Any other jobs as assigned by the Project Coordinator and Senior Legal Advisor
- Performing any other duties requested by READA-ADDA.
- Cambodian National.
- Bachelor in Public Administration and Policy, Law, Anthropology or candidates with similar experience
- At least three years’ experience in managing advocacy issues or mobilization of citizens at local level
- Experience working with sub-national government actors (especially at District and Commune levels) and policies.
- Excellent representational ability including public speaking, media interviews, and high-level meetings
- Knowledge and understanding of Cambodian Law and relevant regulations
- Ability to work as a team and willing to travel to the rural areas
- Express an interest in maintaining relationship with government sectors, local NGO Partners, NGO Networks, clients and their families
- Experience in writing report
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Effective Written and Verbal Communications Skills such as facilitation and presentation including English
- Computer skill especially on Microsoft Office and Internet/emails
- Able to embrace organizational values towards the mission of READA-ADDA and partners
- Good inter-personal skills and cross culture skills with stakeholders.
· Flexible and able to work within high pressure environment.
· Have a good relationship and negotiation capacity with other people or organization.
· Hold valid driving license.
- Be familiar with READA-ADDA Vision, Mission and Value.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should submit CV, Cover letter (DO NOT attach degrees or certificates) and the names of three references to READA Cambodia office (send through email with pdf file is encouraged) by using the contact detail below:
Contact person: Mr. Net Sarann for further information
Tel: (855) 63 96 55 45, (855)12 88 37 01, E-mail: email@example.com,
The applicants in Oddar Meanchey province and the women are encouraged to apply and prioritized
The application forms will not be accepted at 5PM on May 4, 2017.
The application forms will not be returned. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
READA Cambodia is an equal opportunity employer and successful candidate will be selected based on qualification, experience and character.